Ok, still with me on this project ? Good here we go …
Next up, I wanted something to hang stuff from, you know all the kid crap that likes to lie on the floor and has no place. Because our back door is beside the playroom, they tend to traipse in through the house and look for hats, scarves, wellies, hurleys, helmets etc etc Of course these things are never where they should be! So I remembered, I still had our old baby cot in the garage. Now I did use the headboard for a project back ages ago, you can read about it here.
So I decided to use the other part of the cot for this project. Here’s a picture of the cot before I did anything. I was just cleaning and prepping it here, funnily enough on another cot – don’t ask!
When I started, I was going to try a geometric pattern on it, see here …..
but I didn’t like the colours against the blue so I scrapped that. I really wanted to use up the paint and materials I had, the last thing I wanted to do was buy more stuff!
Then I decided to use some paper. I was undecided on what paper to use. I used Instagram stories, where I showed a few different papers and people there seemed to prefer this paper. Its called Brighton Pier. It was a roll I had for ages, yes just one roll!
Lastly, I just screwed in some hooks, that I had from Ikea. Then I got himself to actually screw the cot itself, into the wall and now all the crap is hanging on this and not on the floor. Result!
Here it is all finished …
Please note: I did wash and clean down the cot before I started. I used Bin to prime it for the paint. The paint I used was a test pot of Valspar. This apparently has a primer built in. I used some Mod Podge to glue and seal the paper.
No children were harmed during this project 😉
Till next time !